Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mi casa es su casa

3:30 pm Edinburgh
9:30 am St. Louis
8:30 am Spearfish

I'm home!!  :)  I mean technically I've been here for about 6 hours, but I've only just stopped moving.  I was the first one here, but shortly afterward one of my flatmates arrived.  Her name is Tina and she's from Germany - she's great.  We've been shopping already and gotten a lot of the stuff for our flat - all of our dishes, some groceries, etc.  The dishes we had to scout around a little bit for, but finally ended up with a good start.  My favorite are the white squarish Ikea plates, a set of 8 that we got at a secondhand store for £4.  They're slightly classier (and were actually cheaper) than dishes at "Pound Stretcher" (think Dollar Mart), where we got a lot of our other stuff for cheap.  It's really great.  I still need to work on getting bedding, plus stuff for my room to make it feel a little more homey.  I should probably do that before the shops close in an hour.  Grr.  Okay fine.

Good story - when Tina and I were going out to go shopping, we came out this little alleyway onto the Royal Mile onto a PARADE.  It was fabulous - there seemed to be several different bands all playing together.  We have no idea what it was for, but it was pretty cool.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment