Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ew boys

8:30 am Edinburgh
2:30 am St. Louis
1:30 am Spearfish

...In the bathroom, anyway.  Sooo last night was my last night in a hostel (WOOT!), and I ended up staying in the same hostel I started in in Edinburgh.  It was a very nice hostel, plus it was the cheapest in Edinburgh with availability for last night.  However, at the beginning of this trip I was in an 8-person, all-female, ensuite room.  (Ensuite meaning it has its own bathroom attached.)  This time, the cheapest availability was an 18-person, mixed-gender, not ensuite room.  Meaning...the bathroom is shared with the entire floor and is, like the room, for both genders.  Oh boy.  I got in around 11:15 (made it across the city from the bus station safely, phew) and went into the bathroom to do my teeth-brushing, etc.  The bathroom was very nice, but there was water everywhere.  It was pretty disgusting.  I had to change clothes kind of standing in this puddle...awkward.  And then there was this guy just coming out of the shower stall and I just kept doing my thing and didn't make eye contact but it was weird.  So, whatever, I finished up and collapsed into bed.  Got up this morning and really had no desire to take a shower in that bathroom.  But I went in to do my thing, again, and even though it was like 7 am there were a couple of guys in there already.  And oohhhh myyyy gossshhh.  This one guy...every time he splashed water on his face he scrubbed at it like he was trying to kill his face, and then while he was brushing his teeth he kept doing this terrible violently-sniff-up-all-the-mucus-in-your-nose-and-then-noisily-spit-it-into-the-sink thing.  Ewwww.

Sooooo anyway.  Hopefully that wasn't too graphic.  I'm in Starbucks again, mentally and caffeinely preparing myself to hike across town to my flat.  My choice of hostel for last night might just be the single thing I sincerely regret about this trip.  I easily could have chosen a hostel between the bus station and my flat.  Nope.  Instead I chose one like a mile the other direction.  I mean, it was a nice hostel and all.  But still.  Now I have to trek across Edinburgh with this ridiculous pack.  Good exercise, I guess.  Then after I get over there and check in and drop my stuff, I have to get out to my storage space, get all my stuff, and somehow find a taxi or something back over.  Goodness.  It's going to be quite a morning.  Oh well...SO EXCITED to be moving in!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment