Thursday, September 2, 2010

Marching on

8:30 AM Edinburgh
2:30 AM St. Louis
1:30 AM Spearfish

Just a quick update on my plans-

I'm (hopefully) leaving Edinburgh today for Inverness.  I say hopefully because I haven't actually booked a ticket yet.  Hee hee.  That's the beauty of traveling by myself - I can pretty much just do whatever like that.  (Even if it totally freaks my parents out.)  No worries, I have all day to figure it out.  It won't be a problem.  And if it doesn't happen, there's tons of space in my current hostel for tonight.

Yesterday was awesome.  I pretty much just wandered around alllllll over the place.  I went to the Elephant House (where Harry Potter was written!!), checked out St. Giles Cathedral, which is so beautiful, and located my flat for the semester.  I also bought my first round of Scottish groceries and had a picnic lunch in the Princes Street Gardens.  Then last night I got to hang out with one of the Wash U guys!  It was really fun.  I just want to say again what a great city Edinburgh is.

 However, side note, it's massively unfortunate that definitely more than half the people here smoke.  It's completely impossible to walk down the street without going through numerous clouds.  Ew.  Smell that lung cancer.

Better go!  I've been in Starbucks for at least an hour taking up their outlets and Wi-fi.  Still love you, still miss you!

PS for Donna and really all girls - 85% of Scottish men are absolutely beautiful. And they all dress really well.  It's awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Did you not end up going to the festival??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, unfortunately the festival is pretty much over at this point - all that's left is some opera stuff. :( I was sooooooo bummed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete