Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Paris, Missouri?

No, no.  Paris, France.

It was brought to my attention that I somehow managed to leave out what we're actually doing whilst in Paris.  (No, shopping and chocolate and amazing is not the entire itinerary.  Shocking, I know.)  Sorry.  So, a little delayed, here it is:

- The Eiffel Tower.  Obviously.
- The Louvre.  See above.
- Notre Dame.  I really really want to go to a mass there, but this would require breaking away from the group and the immaculately for Sunday morning.  We'll see how it goes.
- Sacre Coeur and Montmartre.  Really cool cathedral on top of a hill, surrounded by an apparently really cool neighborhood.  Which includes the Moulin Rouge.
- The Catacombs.  I don't care so much about these...so I might skip out since I could go to Mass during the time the rest of the group will be there.
- Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomph.  Photo ops and stuff.
- Versailles.  I hope the Versailles on our itinerary is the real Versailles...there doesn't seem to be sufficient time allotted to getting there?  Further background research might be necessary.
- Palais Garnier, the Paris Opera house.  This is the opera house that Phantom of the Opera was based on!  I'm so excited!  You can expect approximately 200 pictures of this building alone.
- A Paris flea market!  Apparently these are awesome and I want to go to one.  Christmas gifts, sorted.

Um.  I think that's it.  If you know of anything else I should see, do please let me know.

Love,
Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment