Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Even non-surprise parties can be surprising

Yesterday was a wonderful day!  I was really surprised by it.  I just kind of chilled all day, went shopping, sat in one of the incredible cathedrals for a little while and prayed over this year...and it was good.  Then for dinner, Tina (my German flatmate) had promised to make these incredible meatballs that she's made before and I'm in love with (which is really saying something, given how often I eat meat of my own volition), so she did and they were awesome.  And then a few other girls came over around 8:30 to just hang out, and one of the Wash U girls brought some blow-your-mind-amazing toffee fudge crumble something bars, and we had Oreos (I thought they didn't exist here but they DO)...and somebody else brought a birthday cake!  And they even lit candles and sang.  :)  So we sat and ate sugar and talked nonstop until 1:30.  It was kind of like a slumber party but better.  So yes, it was a good birthday.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment