Friday, November 19, 2010

And then my head exploded.

Arrrgh.  My head and I are not friends today.  For one thing, I have been well intellectual [note: "well + adjective" is basically the British version of "super-adjective"] the past two days.  I wrote a 2,500 word essay and did a group presentation.  (The presentation was sincerely awful.  The essay I'm actually sort of proud of.)  And my unexercised brain might be a little tired from all that.  But the kicker is that I have at last succumbed to the disgusting cold that has plagued both my flatmates off and on all semester.  Angst.  I feel gross.

So funny story.  In coming back from Paris, I managed to misplace my student ID card.  It was sincerely worrying since the last place I remembered having it was at the Palais Garnier, and I didn't necessarily remember putting it back in my bag.  I found it yesterday, but not before the following bit of embarrassment occurred.  So I've been into the library twice since I got back, the first time just to study and the second to work on our group presentation.  (Remember you need to swipe your student ID to get into this library.  Lame-o.)  The first time I got a visitor pass and everything was fine.  The second time, though, I didn't really feel like going through that again (it was kind of a complicated process) and we needed to get in to print off our presentation notes.  So we were going in through an entrance off to the side and I was like, oh, it'll be ok, I'll just have one of the other girls swipe me in.  So she did.  But of course the security guard saw us and came over and was like, ain't no way.  Apparently they are not sympathetic at all to that sort of thing.  Long story short, I got kicked out of the library.  Way cool.

Fortunately, even though the slides were on my computer, I had emailed them to one of the others that morning, so they got printed off and we made it to class on time and our presentation went fine.  (And by fine I mean terrible.  But that's beside the point.)  But now I have to go back to print off this essay and even though I have since found my ID card I'm a little nervous.  They'd better not remember me or I'm ska-rewed.

Exciting discovery of the day: next week is our last week of classes!!  WHAAAAT??!!  I am slightly stunned.  I mean, I knew the end was approaching (*cough*onemonthfromtoday*cough*) but I had no idea it was that close.  I'm also a little mad - Germany and I booked our train tickets to London leaving next Friday afternoon not realizing that she has no classes on Friday at all.  And neither of us has any at all the next week.  So we could leave six hours earlier and come back like two days later.  Soooo we're majorly hoping we can get that switched.  Because, come on, it's London.

Other realization of the day: I have to go see Stonehenge!!  That was like way up on the list of things I wanted to do while I'm here and I completely forgot about it until an hour ago.  Soooo I don't know if that's even possible or feasible as a day trip?  Probably not from here.  More like from London.  So now that needs to get planned somehow.

The rest of the day will proceed as such: print off essay, not get kicked out of library, turn in essay, buy cold medicine, go back to bed.  Cannot wait.

Love,
Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment