Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Flight attendants, prepare for departure...

I’m in the final stages of getting ready to go! I have about five days left of my St. Louis summer before I head home for two weeks to say hello to my family, recharge, do some last-minute summer things (camping, biking, swimming…), and pack my bags! Then it’s off to Edinburgh on August 30th! I’ll spend two weeks touring the UK on an as-yet-undetermined schedule that will potentially include some or all of the following: the Edinburgh festivals, scenic bike rides, the Loch Ness monster, delicious food, ocean kayaking, Ireland, cliff hiking, castles, Wales, trains, buses, random wandering, getting lost, exhaustion, coffee, weird music, and beautiful men. Mostly the last one.

;) Just kidding. Maybe.

Are you excited yet??

I know, you don’t get to be there. :( I swear, if I could fit you in my suitcase, you would be in there so fast you wouldn’t know what happened. BUT. You do get to experience a semester in Scotland vicariously through my words and pictures and, when my poor dear camera cooperates, the occasional low-quality video.

I promise to update this blog frequently and in as much detail as possible. I promise to answer any question you ask and do my best to bring you right along with me. And, if you ask very nicely and give me your address, I will send you an actual postcard or five. I promise to make it an awesome postcard and use awesome Scottish stamps.

What do you think?

1 comment: